The motto of MESCOM is to be one of the best distribution licensee in the country. In order to achieve this, the company proposes a business plan for a period of 5 years. During this period,main importance will be given to the following:
- Increasing Revenue, the metered sales will have to be enhanced by adding new consumers through installation of correct meter, replacing faulty meters of existing consumers and also providing quality power supply.
- Reducing Costs, reduction in costs be achieved by reduction in power purchase costs by optimal utilization of input energy through proper scheduling and load management
- Reducing Technical and Commercial losses, reduction of technical losses by regular repair and maintenance works, up gradation of system network by adding new transformers, HT and LT lines at the load centres, Reduction in commercial losses by identification and regularization of unauthorized installations, theft control and billing of installations at an appropriate tariffs,Reduction of technical losses by regular repair and maintenance works, up gradation of system network by adding new transformers, HT and LT lines at the load centres,Reduction in commercial losses by identification and regularization of unauthorized installations, theft control and billing of installations at an appropriate tariffs.
- Improving quality of supply and better industrial relations, the major portion of the revenue of MESCOM is through industrial installations. Hence, in order to keep these consumers in good humour, MESCOM will strive harder to give good quality power supply with minimum interruptions,he industrial feeders will be exempted as far as possible from power shutdowns during power cuts,Six Nos. of sub-divisions namely Birur, Kadur, Tarikere in Chickmagalur Division and Soraba, Shikaripura, Hosanagara in Sagar Division have been identified as red zone since the failure of transformers are high. It is proposed to erect minimum of 50 new and additional transformer centers per annum in each of these Sub-divisions under system improvement so as to reduce transformer failures due to overload.
- Reducing failure of distribution transformers, the reduction in the failure of distribution transformers will be achieved by:
• Proper maintenance of LT lines.
• Reducing the length of LT lines by shifting the transformer centers to load centers.
• Replacing higher capacity transformers by lower capacity transformers at load centers.
• Proper periodical maintenance of transformer centers
- Enhancement of productivity of employees, Government of Karnataka, as a part of its reforms agenda is in the process of approving the Financial Restructuring Plan (FRP) for each of the ESCOMs. Thus the FRP will be the monitoring document of the Government, as it would contain the yearly probable expectation for the next 5 years in respect of the following: • System input
• Distribution losses
• Power purchase cost
• Categorywise growth rates
• Sales, revenue demand, collection efficiency
• Receivable and payable levels
• Expenditure projections
In order to meet the above expectations, a detailed plan has to be derived indicating the performance levels of the sub divisions. Once these parameters are clearly identified, measurable targets will have to be fixed to all the field units. To meet these targets necessary Materials, Human Resources and IT Systems will be provided. To renew the periodical performance a reporting system which can be monitored will be developed.